Subject: Pkgtools with Zoularis/Pkgsrc on Mac OS X was Re: Pkgsrc on Mac OS X
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/24/2002 18:14:35
>I'm having some issues with the latest iteration of pkgsrc on Mac OS
>X.  I'm trying to get it up and running but it fails as I attempt to
>build pkgtools/pkg_install.  The problem lies in the references
>used. As per this:
>===> Extracting for digest-20010807
>zsh: no such file or directory: /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info
>bmake is looking for pkg_info under /usr/pkg/sbin which doesn't
>exist.  This is related to pkg not being /usr but under
>/Volumes/NetBSD and, maybe, sbin/pkg_info not existing under
>/Volumes/NetBSD/pkg.  How do I change the /usr/pkg directory
>references to /Volumes/NetBSD/pkg globally so I don't run into this
>issue again?

I found my answer.  It's called setting LOCALBASE=/Volumes/NetBSD/pkg
in /etc/mk.conf.

Now I have a much bigger issue with things now.  I don't have the
base package tools that come with NetBSD, pkg_add, pkg_admin, etc.
since they didn't get installed with the Darwin bootstrap process.
How can I install these on to Mac OS X?
--
Randy

OS X - UNIX for the rest of us