Subject: GNU program prefix and info and devel/m4
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/21/2002 18:41:35
devel/m4 has patch that does:

-* m4: (m4).                    A powerful macro processor.
+* Gm4: (m4).                   A powerful macro processor.

But other "g"-added packages (like sh-utils) don't seem to modify the info
file also.

Is this "Gm4" info entry needed?

Or should this patch be patched with sed as appropriate?

Or sed to patch the original file as needed?

I have over 20 new packages to send-pr. But I have new code as I have
mentioned via this list and PR pkg/18886 to not hard-code "g" program
prefix. I want m4 not gm4; I want ls not gls; I want false not gfalse; I
want sed not gsed. This is easily fixed for the 13 (plus my several new)
packages.

-CONFIGURE_ARGS=                --program-prefix=g

+.if defined(GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX)
+CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --program-prefix=${GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX}
+.endif
+PLIST_SUBST+=          GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX=${GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX}

(And add ${GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX} as appropriate.)

This ${GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX} can default to "g" so nothing changes.

Will anyone help?

   Jeremy C. Reed -- who uses pkgsrc under NetBSD and complete Linux!
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/