Subject: Re: bsetroot in {black,open}box
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/20/2002 17:06:38
[ On Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 16:53:54 (-0500), Jan Schaumann wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: bsetroot in {black,open}box
>
> Well, all themes use -- explicitly -- the program 'bsetroot' (or bsetbg)
> to set the background.  While we could patch the themes that are part of
> the package, it would be cumbersome for the users to have to patch every
> additional theme they may wish to install.

To me a "theme" is a description of a style and a collection of some
images and maybe some text messages.

How dose a "theme" call a program!?!?!?  Don't tell me themes can
include code -- I don't want to hear about more yet more stuff that
includes code in places where code should never be....  :-(

> Since these tools are useful without either of the window managers, I
> imported them as a separate package.

that doesn't really help in the long run, does it?

besides, there are already lots of equivalent tools, no?  including one
that comes by default with every X11 install:  xsetroot.

--
								Greg A. Woods