Subject: Re: bsetroot in {black,open}box
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/20/2002 16:53:54
"Greg A. Woods" <woods@weird.com> wrote:
> [ On Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 11:50:10 (-0500), Jan Schaumann wrote: ]
> > Subject: bsetroot in {black,open}box

> Change their names in one of the packages (openbox -- it came second)
>
> > Renaming the tools is not an option, as the window managers currently
> > can (and should) share themes by using the same commands.
>
> I'd suggest fixing the code in openbox so that it calls the newly named
> program that'll be installed by openbox.
>
> (or am I missing some dynamic/interpreted in these "themes" that might
> cause problems -- in which case these programs are poorly designed and
> maybe should just have hard conflicts against each other in pkgsrc)

Well, all themes use -- explicitly -- the program 'bsetroot' (or bsetbg)
to set the background.  While we could patch the themes that are part of
the package, it would be cumbersome for the users to have to patch every
additional theme they may wish to install.

Since these tools are useful without either of the window managers, I
imported them as a separate package.

-Jan

--
ttp://www.netbsd.org -