Subject: Re: NetBSD pkgsrc on FreeBSD and QNX
To: David Yeske <>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/20/2002 01:33:30
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:52:42 -0800 (PST), David Yeske writes:
>So I got bmake and parts of pkgsrc going on QNX.

>bmake has issues with the QNX sys/cdefs.h so I had to build without -Werror

Can you elaborate?  Linux has issues too but since it uses gcc, we can
include ./missing/sys/cdefs.h and have it include sys/cdefs.h to
pickup the needed extras.

>This is the diff against bootstrap-pkgsrc...

Rather than adding checks for __QNX__ it would be better to do:

# include <sys/signal.h>
# include <signal.h>

and add sys/signal.h to the list of headers checked for by configure.
I'll include these in the next version of bmake - still need to finish
test/debugging some changes in netbsd make that will be the reason for
the next bmake version.