Subject: Re: NetBSD pkgsrc on FreeBSD
To: David Yeske <dyeske@yahoo.com>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/16/2002 12:57:22
>The files in this directory provide pkgsrc functionality on FreeBSD.

Cool.

>natively.  This is not well tested, and I know very little about pkgsrc.  I had some trouble
>getting bmake going on FreeBSD current though.  I ended up building with -DNO_CPU_CFLAGS and

If you have trouble getting bmake working on something - let the maintainer
(me) know.  FWIW we use bmake on FreeBSD where I work with no problems.
We mostly use 4.x, but I recall building it ok on 5.0 about a year ago.
It should also build happliy on just about any *nix, but I can't test them
all myself.

--sjg