Subject: Re: /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d and /etc
To: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/15/2002 08:53:13
On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Randy Beaudreault wrote:

> Using rc_rcorder_flags="/etc/pkg/rc.d/*" in rc.conf or adding
> /etc/pkg/rc.d/* to the rcorder line in rc would be the thing that
> would satisfy me here.  By putting the package(s) startup
> configuration files in there own /etc/pkg/rc.d directory, I can feel
> better about the pkg system remaining seperate from the rest of the
> system yet allow for rcorder parsing on startup when /usr may not be
> mounted.
>
> Any comments on my proposal?

Nothing that hasn't already been said:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2001/01/01/0001.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2001/01/04/0023.html

By the way, much of the discussion that lead to the present consensus
occured on tech-pkg in December 2000, and January 2001, and then about
once a month thereafter, as people discovering rc.d for the first time
invariably insist on changing it.  ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

Regards,

Frederick