Subject: Re: @unexec ${INSTALL_INFO} not working?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/14/2002 22:39:01
Thank you Jan, Masao, and Lubomir. My comments below.

> > > PLIST_SUBST+=	INSTALL_INFO=${INSTALL_INFO}

I see that is already set in bsd.pkg.mk. So I don't set again.

> > 	.include "../../mk/texinfo.mk"

This worked. But I now have another texinfo related issue...

During install (via pkgsrc), it does:

install-info --info-dir=/home/jeremy/netbsd/usr/pkg/info
/home/jeremy/netbsd/usr/pkg/info/bc.info
install-info: warning: no info dir entry in
`/home/jeremy/netbsd/usr/pkg/info/bc.info'

Then on a deinstall:

install-info: warning: no entries found for
`/home/jeremy/netbsd/usr/pkg/info/bc.info'; nothing deleted

The +CONTENTS has:

@unexec /home/jeremy/netbsd/usr/pkg/bin/install-info --delete --info-dir=%D/info  %D/info/bc.info
info/bc.info
@exec /home/jeremy/netbsd/usr/pkg/bin/install-info --info-dir=%D/info %D/info/bc.info
@unexec /home/jeremy/netbsd/usr/pkg/bin/install-info --delete --info-dir=%D/info  %D/info/dc.info
info/dc.info
@exec /home/jeremy/netbsd/usr/pkg/bin/install-info --info-dir=%D/info %D/info/dc.info

I think it is missing @dircategory and @direntry fields. I looked in
bc.texi and bc.info. Is this normal?

I see the .texi files are not used at all (just included with source). The
info files are simply copied into place.

Should I patch it? Or is there someway for this to fix itself?

I think I could fix this by adding the entries to the texi files, then
using a pre-install target to run ${MAKEINFO}. But what would the
@dircategory be for bc and dc?

And what would the @direntry be for bc and dc?

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed ... who prefers man pages
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/