Subject: Re: pkg/16338: octave-2.1.34 fails in building
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/11/2002 14:36:35
On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 07:34:17PM -0700, Daniel Senderowicz wrote:
> I forgot to write the subject line before. Did anybody build
> succesfully octave-2.1.34 for the pmax running 1.5.2? It quite after
> 18 hours of cranking!

>/tmp/ccRFnumn.s: Assembler messages:
>/tmp/ccRFnumn.s:679: Error: Branch out of range

eek...  mips branch limits strike again.

options (in increasing difficulty):

- compile problematic file without optimizatation
- break down the function in question into multiple functions.
- fix GCC.

    "i'm convinced that the cray cabinet has an outlet for plugging in
    welding attachments."  --  Skeezics Boondoggle, on the cray CS6400