Subject: Re: how best to make lang/gcc/ work with lang/gcc-ssp?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/05/2002 14:06:19
I meant to add too that this perhaps raises an even larger question in
pkgsrc of how buildlink2 might be leveraged to provide support for
generally using an arbitrary C (or C++) compiler (eg. lang/gcc-ssp, or
perhaps some commercial compiler) without having to modify things too

I suspect one could do this now with at least lang/gcc by defining
USE_PKGSRC_GCC and including lang/gcc/ in /etc/mk.conf,
though (I've not tested this idea yet).  That seems pretty hackish
though and even though it would allow for gcc variants like gcc-ssp if
the issues in my initial post are addressed, it doesn't allow for
arbitrary compilers to be controlled with the same framework.

								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <>;           <>