Subject: Re: CVS commit: othersrc/bootstrap-pkgsrc/pax
To: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/04/2002 13:04:45
On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 10:56:35PM +1100, Charlie Allom wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 04:56:56AM +1100, Charlie Allom wrote:
> >
> > I'm going to bed.
> > --
> >  charlie@rubberduck.com
> >  http://rubberduck.com/yeled/pgp.txt
>
> Well here I am with the same machine but cc now - not gcc - running
> 64-bit instead of 32. Is all that OK?
>
> she dies again :(
>
> > sudo ./bootstrap --pkgsrcdir=/opt/src/pkgsrc
> > --pkgdbdir=/usr/pkg/db/pkg
> checking for gcc... (cached) cc

For the benefit of the tech-pkg readers, I should say that Charlie's
previous attempts to bootstrap pkgsrc, after he got out of bed, were
successful.

(The --pkgsrcdir argument doesn't need to be given now unless you're
running on Darwin, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to put it in there).

I've not tried bootstrap-pkgsrc with anything except gcc.

Sorry, probably not the answer you were looking for.

Regards,
Alistair