Subject: Re: packages writing files out of LOCALBASE
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/02/2002 19:42:47
On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 06:03:34PM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:

> No. packages get installed into a default prefix, which is /usr/pkg or
> /usr/X11R6. No package can be installed anywhere else. This is... well...
> inconsistant.

Well, I consider the exceptions (like shells/standalone-tcsh) very valuable.
They just do what I want, without any further action required.

Since I don't use pkgsrc on Solaris or Linux or what-have-you I would be
slightly anoyed if this comfort would be reduced instead of finding a proper
way to deal with this post-installtion step if OS != NetBSD.

Martin