Subject: Re: package can be reinstalled without deleting first
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/01/2002 09:24:05
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> I think it's because of the package name -- pkg_info (I think) assumes that
> package names are of the form "pkgbase-NNN" where "NNN" is the version
> number of the package.  In this case, it doesn't find a version number and
> probably causes mysterious breakage.  Try changing the package name to
> "vixie-cron-4.0b1", or if this is the beta version leading up to a 4.0
> release, then maybe "vixie-cron-3.99b1" might be better.

Thanks!

I overlooked that. (That also explains why "pkg_info vixie-cron" without
version did not work either.)

I used vixie-cron-4.0.1. That is the version number the author told me in
February. The README says 4.0 was released over two years before this
version was dated.

(I have a few pkgsrc packages to submit via send-pr.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/