Subject: Re: util-linux for pkgsrc
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2002 18:37:39
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> util-linux is a suite of essential utilities for Linux systems.
[snip]
> p.s. As you can guess: I am making a Linux distribution using NetBSD's
> pkgsrc.

This sound nice.  I've pondered making something like this myself.  There
are some instances I'd rather have a real Linux system.  However, I can't
stand the complexity and fragility of the databases used to maintain
Debian's and Redhat's packages.  Slackware comes close, but has no
meaningful packaging system.  Have you considered working within Slackware
with this idea of yours?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu