Subject: Re: Program prefixes in pkgsrc
To: Julien Letessier <julien.letessier@sun.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2002 14:18:27
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Julien Letessier wrote:

> Here's my simplest solution: (thanks, Manuel)
>
> in bsd.defaults.mk (?):
> GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX?=    g
>
> in the concerned packages' Makefiles:
> PROGRAM_PREFIX=         ${GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX}
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --program-prefix=${PROGRAM_PREFIX}
> PLIST_SUBST+=           PROGRAM_PREFIX=${PROGRAM_PREFIX}

> Anyways, if this meets any success, I can submit
>    - the list of concerned (GNU) packages
>    - and/or patches for concerned Makefiles and PLISTs
> as a PR or directly to the involved people.

Yes, can you send-pr this?

I see that pkgsrc/sysutils/fileutils still has
  CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --program-prefix=g
and the PLIST is not generated, but has hard-coded "g" prefixes.

For my non-BSD systems using pkgsrc, I would like to have these commands
without the "g".

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/