Subject: Re: Undesired buildlink2 <--> libtool interaction
To: Rene Hexel <rh@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/29/2002 11:26:33
On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 06:34:49PM +1000, Rene Hexel wrote:

>   With buildlink2, this won't work, because the 'cc' wrapper translates
> -L to point to the buildlink directory (which won't contain the freshly
> generated libgdasql, of course).
>
>   Any ideas how such problems should be solved without ugly tricks like
> manually copying the library to the .buildlink directory during
> pre-install, or switching off buildlink in the install phase?

You need to make sure that the libtool wrapper is being called and not
/usr/pkg/bin/libtool.  The libtool wrapper should handle all of this stuff
automatically (check the CVS history for that file if you're interested in
learning more about how it evolved).  If it's not, then please send me the
build log and the .wrapper.log file so I can see what's going wrong.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>