Subject: Re: packages need
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Manuel Bouyer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/29/2002 17:52:45
On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:08:34PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I installed several games for my son on a NetBSD/i386 1.6 system using
> binary packages from
> $ kabalone
> Shared object "" not found
> $ clanbomber
> dlopen failed!
> Shared object "" not found
> So I installed glu-3.4.2. And all was well.
> Should I send-pr this?
> Why were packages built against different libGLU than is installed by
> default?

This is a bug in in the glu package, which show up with bulk build:
the Makefile doesn't check if glu is already part of the system but buildlink
does. during bulk builds, glu is installed and removed, which as a side effect
remove the glu from base system.
This is fixed in -current pkgsrc, and sent a patch to alistair for the 1.6
pkgsrc branch. I'm running  a bulk build, and will upload new packages when
it's done.