Subject: Re: FLAVOR (was Re: RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, jmmv@menta.net>
From: =?iso-8859-15?B?U3RlZmFuIEty/Gdlcg== ?= <skrueger@europe.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/25/2002 12:54:28
> This is something I like from OpenBSD's ports.
> You can make packages without actually installing them.
> Although, this approach seems to require more work
> for packages. For example:
> if you ./configure --prefix ${WRKDIR}/tmproot,
> all files will get installed there.
> But, the program can also store this information inside it
> (i.e., it will remember that etc files are in tmproot/etc
> instead of the system directory, so programs need to be
> patched to install in tmproot but use the sysconf
> directory... nice to debug packages ;)

actually, IIRC, OpenBSD's fake install is just a make DESTDIR=.../work/fake-install install; so there's no ./configure --preifx=.../fake-install; there's no need to patch anything, seems like agc has done something like this for our pkgsrc, please look at:

if you want to know more

best regards,
SK
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup