To: avon barksdale <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/23/2002 18:18:17
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, avon barksdale wrote:

> a non-issue.  The FLAVOR stuff is pretty nice so you don't have to
> augment the Makefiles to suit your needs.  FreeBSD has something

NetBSD already has package specific options for many packages.

Tell us more on how the FLAVOR system can help. If I understand correctly,
it makes it so you can have a setting that is applicable for multiple

Can you provide some examples of using FLAVOR(S) with NetBSD's pkgsrc and
how it would make things easier?

(Also MULTI_PACKAGES looks interesting for creating multiple packages of
same package each with different configs.)

   Jeremy C. Reed