Subject: Re: Errors building packages: vim, cdrecord
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/22/2002 22:50:38
[Note: I've removed current-users@netbsd.org from the CC: list as
 cross-posting is frowned upon.]

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 08:18:37PM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> Well, since that page sent me to "404" I can tell you it's a current (as

That was my mistake.  It's:

	http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/send-pr.html

> of hours ago) system on a P4TE P4 mobo. I deleted everything out of
> /usr/obj, rebuilt the kernel, rebuilt world (using build.sh with no
> options), rebuilt xsrc (using make build) and then started doing "make
> update" in /usr/pkgsrc/whatever.
>
> What else do you need? I can't seem to get anything, including a web
> browser, working.

I need to know:

    * what version of NetBSD you are running,
    * what architecture you are running on (I'm guessing P4TE == i386??),
    * what settings you have in /etc/mk.conf that would affect your builds,
    * a log of a failed build/install of vim,
    * the contents of work/.buildlink/.wrapper.log
    * "ldd vim" in this particular case.

For example, I am running NetBSD-1.6_STABLE/i386 installed from the 1.6
release tarballs with the kernel built from the netbsd-1-6 branch from
2002-10-16 sources.  My /etc/mk.conf contains:

CFLAGS+=		-mcpu=pentiumpro
CXXFLAGS+=		-mcpu=pentiumpro
PKG_SYSCONFBASE=	/etc
PKG_CREATE_USERGROUP=	NO
PKG_CONFIG=		YES
PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=	YES

If you could bzip2 the two log files I've requested and attach them to
your reply, that'd be appreciated.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>