Subject: Re: Errors building packages: vim, cdrecord
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <email@example.com>
From: Johnny Lam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 10/22/2002 22:50:38
[Note: I've removed email@example.com from the CC: list as
cross-posting is frowned upon.]
On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 08:18:37PM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> Well, since that page sent me to "404" I can tell you it's a current (as
That was my mistake. It's:
> of hours ago) system on a P4TE P4 mobo. I deleted everything out of
> /usr/obj, rebuilt the kernel, rebuilt world (using build.sh with no
> options), rebuilt xsrc (using make build) and then started doing "make
> update" in /usr/pkgsrc/whatever.
> What else do you need? I can't seem to get anything, including a web
> browser, working.
I need to know:
* what version of NetBSD you are running,
* what architecture you are running on (I'm guessing P4TE == i386??),
* what settings you have in /etc/mk.conf that would affect your builds,
* a log of a failed build/install of vim,
* the contents of work/.buildlink/.wrapper.log
* "ldd vim" in this particular case.
For example, I am running NetBSD-1.6_STABLE/i386 installed from the 1.6
release tarballs with the kernel built from the netbsd-1-6 branch from
2002-10-16 sources. My /etc/mk.conf contains:
If you could bzip2 the two log files I've requested and attach them to
your reply, that'd be appreciated.
-- Johnny Lam <firstname.lastname@example.org>