Subject: Gnome libraries and documentation
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/22/2002 00:56:25
Hello,

I'm updating devel/libbonobo from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 (yes, only bugfixes).
After the required changes to the Makefile, and after the build, I see
that HTML documentation (API reference) has not been built (still have
to figure why), therefore it's not installed.

Generating this documentation requires gtk-doc, which in turn depends
on jade, dsssl, docbook dtd's, iso entities, etc etc (this is true for
most of gnome2 packages/libraries)... Is it worth the load to generate
and install this api documentation? It can always be found on gnome's
website (and will usually be more up to date than the one included in
packages).

So, what I would want to know is if we must install this documentation
or simply remove it from the build process... ?

[ I will assume that the answer is `yes, documentation should be
installed', so I'll try to see why the package fails ;-) ]

Thank you.

--
Julio Merino (http://jmmv.dyndns.org/) <jmmv@menta.net>