Subject: Re: indent vs. gindent
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/21/2002 12:06:20
On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 01:20:08PM -0400, James K. Lowden wrote:
> Why is gindent a package?  Why is it not /usr/bin/indent?
>
> It has a BSD license and is derived from BSD indent(1), per the man page.
> NetBSD's indent is, um, suboptimal.  At least, I couldn't get it to
> consistently line up switch statements.

I know this thread already seems resolved. Just wanted to throw out a
note that I heard about a comment made at the Annual Linux conference.

Apparently one of the Linux kernel developers presenting at the
conference said

"Don't use the Linux indent, use the NetBSD one, it's soooo much
better."

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive