Subject: Re: download-vulnerability-list bug?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/20/2002 16:11:04
[ On Sunday, October 20, 2002 at 21:26:30 (+0200), Manuel Bouyer wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: download-vulnerability-list bug?
>
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 03:17:34PM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> > 	or, comparing the size is not a good idea.  we can't assume that the
> > 	file grows constantly (like above, and like correction of URL).
>
> Maybe it should compare the number of lines instead ?

That's what I tried for a while and I get far fewer "failed" downloads,
but I forgot to copy my changed script back to the CVS directory and so
accidentally lost the changes and never got around to making them again....

If the goal is just to avoid the file accidentally shrinking because of
human error then perhaps there should be a window of bytes or lines by
which it is allowed to shrink with only a warning instead of a failure.

Ideally though I think there should be some signature for the file
maintained on some independent server.

--
								Greg A. Woods