Subject: Re: indent vs. gindent
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/19/2002 16:03:52
On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 14:02:36 -0400 (EDT), woods@weird.com (Greg A. Woods)
wrote:
> > It has a BSD license and is derived from BSD indent(1), per the man
> > page.
>
> Hmmm..... I don't think that's entirely true.  If I understand correctly
> the changes which make it into 'GNU indent' have been assigned to the
> FSF under the GPL copyright, though that's not entirely clear in the
> notices which come with it.

Thank you, you're quite right.  The sources are littered with GPL.  I
wishfully misread the man page, which actually says:

       Permission  is  granted  to  make  and distribute verbatim
       copies of this manual ...

> > NetBSD's indent is, um, suboptimal.  At least, I couldn't get it to
> > consistently line up switch statements.
>
> I haven't had any noticable problem when using:

With your switches, I get:

        switch (which) {
                case DBSETBCP:
                tds_set_bulk(login->tds_login, (TDS_TINYINT) value);
                return SUCCEED;
                break;
        case DBSETNOSHORT:
        case DBSETENCRYPT:
        case DBSETLABELED:

That's not the only example of early "case"s not obeying -cli0.  But I'm
not using 1.6; maybe it's better later.

--jkl