Subject: Switching glib2 to pth
To: None <>
From: Rene Hexel <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/13/2002 19:45:10
  Given the stability and portability problems we have been encountering
with PTL2, are there any objections if I switch glib2 over to pth?  (For
those who want to debug or play around with PTL2, I will provide a
USE_PTL2 option that can be set in /etc/mk.conf).

  I will perform some more tests, but all programs I have tested so far
work out of the box with pth.  Not only that, bus also programs like
gice or gtk2-pan than used to crash on me pretty often, now seem to be
running much more stable with pth!

  This will hopefully also allow us to finally get working GNOME2