Subject: unexec rm files
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/11/2002 16:13:29
Hi,

If a file in the PLIST has been touched after installation, it is not
removed when using pkg_delete.  I can force the removal of the file by
using 'unexec rm', but pkg_delete will still complain.

Is this correct?  If so, how can I make pkg_delete shut up?  Is not
including the file in the PLIST when installing and using 'unexec rm'
when uninstalling the right thing to do?

The problem is the netscape7 package:  it contains a file that is
touched if root starts netscape7 after installation.  chmod'ing the file
to read-only access doesn't help...

-Jan

--
I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle.