Subject: Re: OS-dependent patches?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/07/2002 18:34:34
Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com> wrote:
> In article <20021007214508.GK11895@netmeister.org>,
> Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:

> >Is there a way to apply patches only on a certain OS?  When you 'make
> >patch', it says 'Applying ${OPSYS} patches', but I couldn't determine a
> >way to only apply a certain patch if on Linux, for example.

> The idea here is that patches for one OS should not break the other OS's.
> So, applying all patches should make the code work for all OS's.

Yes, thanks.  My question had already been answered by others, too.  I
had just encoutnered a situation where I had to patch a Makefile, since
a given variable was not set (the absolute path happened to work on
NetBSD, but didn't on Linux).  I'll supply a proper patch that works on
all platforms...

-Jan

--
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.