Subject: Re: FYI: darwinports
To: David Brownlee <>
From: Julien T. Letessier <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/07/2002 13:53:00
On Oct 3, 2002, at 18:56, David Brownlee  was heard saying:

>     Do we want to make 'releases' of the bootstrap kit now it works on
>     Darwin and Linux - embed a date version in the main makefile and
>     create a tarfile on, then update
>     and to mention it more strongly. Also, we should add
>     a entry for pkgsrc (happy to do this once the distfile
>     distribution has been sorted...)

Sure, just don't forget that pkgsrc works on Solaris as well. And, if I may
add, it works extremely well :) (we build over 80% of pkgsrc)

Just a question: who's in charge of the bootstrap kit(s)?

Julien T. Letessier                   aim: JLetessier
Post-graduate ENSIMAG Student         web:
IMAG IVR Master Student               email:
SourceForge projects:
Solarpack: Distributing free software for Solaris
Docutils:  Python documentation framework
DocbookX:  software suite for MacOS X Docbook XML processing