Subject: Re: buildlink2 problems with new libogg and libvorbis packages
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/05/2002 00:00:45
[ On Saturday, October 5, 2002 at 05:49:38 (+0200), Klaus Heinz wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: buildlink2 problems with new libogg and libvorbis packages
>
> Rene Hexel wrote:
>
> >   make show-var VARNAME=LDFLAGS

(my problem with LDFLAGS is that I didn't know where the -Wl,-R magic
was supposed to happen with buildink2 -- I thought maybe some of the sed
magic in the wrapper script would conjure it up)

(If buildlink weren't just a (elegant, brilliant even) hack to hide
stuff from the build that it's not supposed to see then its wrapper
would have to work a lot smarter for intermediate dynamic-linked targets
that get executed in place in the build tree, more like the way
libtool's executable wrapper works perhaps.)

> Ah, that's certainly something to remember. Better than my crude 'make
> PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL=1' :-)

Yes, the long compiler lines are often hard enough to scan through, let
alone the mess of envionment and make variables set on some of the
command lines created by pkgsrc!  ;-)

I find the following two addtional "helper" targets useful too:

(in mk/bsd.pkg.mk)
***************
*** 3772,3777 ****
--- 3974,4022 ----
  	@${ECHO} ${${VARNAME}:Q}
  .endfor

+ su-show-var:
+ 	${_PKG_SILENT}${_PKG_DEBUG}					\
+ 	realtarget="show-var";						\
+ 	realflags="VARNAME=${VARNAME}";					\
+ 	action="show-var";						\
+ 	${_SU_TARGET}
+
+ show-pkg_sysconf: