Subject: Re: buildlink2 problems with new libogg and libvorbis packages
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/05/2002 00:00:45
[ On Saturday, October 5, 2002 at 05:49:38 (+0200), Klaus Heinz wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: buildlink2 problems with new libogg and libvorbis packages
> Rene Hexel wrote:
> >   make show-var VARNAME=LDFLAGS

(my problem with LDFLAGS is that I didn't know where the -Wl,-R magic
was supposed to happen with buildink2 -- I thought maybe some of the sed
magic in the wrapper script would conjure it up)

(If buildlink weren't just a (elegant, brilliant even) hack to hide
stuff from the build that it's not supposed to see then its wrapper
would have to work a lot smarter for intermediate dynamic-linked targets
that get executed in place in the build tree, more like the way
libtool's executable wrapper works perhaps.)
> Ah, that's certainly something to remember. Better than my crude 'make

Yes, the long compiler lines are often hard enough to scan through, let
alone the mess of envionment and make variables set on some of the
command lines created by pkgsrc!  ;-)

I find the following two addtional "helper" targets useful too:

(in mk/
*** 3772,3777 ****
--- 3974,4022 ----
  	@${ECHO} ${${VARNAME}:Q}
+ su-show-var:
+ 	${_PKG_SILENT}${_PKG_DEBUG}					\
+ 	realtarget="show-var";						\
+ 	realflags="VARNAME=${VARNAME}";					\
+ 	action="show-var";						\
+ 	${_SU_TARGET}
+ show-pkg_sysconf:

								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <>;           <>