Subject: autoconf & automake update
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/03/2002 21:51:41
Hi!

I just committed the last parts of the pkgsrc autoconf and automake
cleanup.

The autoconf package has been updated to 2.54, the automake one to
1.7; additionally, there are now two new packages, autoconf213 and
automake14, which do not conflict with the autoconf and automake
packages -- you can now have both old and new versions installed at
the same time.

The files in autoconf213 and automake14 are versioned, you can call
the old autoconf with
	autoconf-2.13
and similarly for the other autoconf tools; for automake14, we have
	aclocal-1.4 and automake-1.4
The automake package also contains versioned binaries, but has
symlinks
	aclocal -> aclocal-1.7
	automake -> automake-1.7
The autoconf package does not have versioned filenames.

All packages in pkgsrc have been converted to use the appropriate a*
call, or there need for auto* has been removed.

For future package submissions, when patching auto* files, please
provide also patches for the resulting files, except if those get too
many; in this case, you can set the AUTOCONF_REQD and/or AUTOMAKE_REQD
variables and include "../../mk/autoconf.mk" or "../../mk/autoconf.mk"
respectively and then make use of ${AUTOCONF}, ${AUTOMAKE}, and some
other variables (for details, see comments in the files themselves).

Enjoy!
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at
Main Rule of Usenet:  Never argue with idiots.  They drag you down to