Subject: Re: FYI: darwinports
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/03/2002 18:56:35
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> You could try the generic bootstrap kit, although I'm not aware of it
> working on Solaris as yet.  As far as pkgsrc on Darwin goes, I believe
> that Amitai addressed a whole lot of problems over the last few months
> - I'd be interested to find out how it works now.

    While on that topic... :)
    Do we want to make 'releases' of the bootstrap kit now it works on
    Darwin and Linux - embed a date version in the main makefile and
    create a tarfile on ftp.netbsd.org, then update zoularis.org
    and pkgsrc.org to mention it more strongly. Also, we should add
    a freshmeat.net entry for pkgsrc (happy to do this once the distfile
    distribution has been sorted...)

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --