Subject: PHP4 with Apache 2?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Kranzel <adam@blacktabby.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/30/2002 16:30:29
Hi all...

Apologies if this is the wrong list, and I'm probably making some stupid
mistake, if so feel free to point it out.

I found the patch posted by Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu> on September
1st, to update the package to 4.2.2, which I then upgraded to 4.2.3.
Now I'm trying to get it to build as an Apache 2 module, and having no
luck at all.
I have Apache 2.0.42 and GNU pth 1.4.1 installed, and I have set
"--with_apxs2=${PREFIX}/sbin/apxs" and "--with-tsrm-pth" in
www/php4/Makefile.php (these two options were pulled from the FreeBSD
port).
When I try to build, it always dies during configure with:
"checking for Apache 2.0 module support via DSO through
APXS...configure: error: ZTS currently requires working POSIX threads.
We were unable to verify that your system supports Pthreads.
*** Error code 1

Stop."

I have tried changing "--with-tsrm-pth" to
"--with-tsrm-pth=${PREFIX}/bin/pth-config" and it had no effect.

Any ideas/suggestions/pointers?
I will happily RTFM, if I'm pointed at the proper FM.

thanks
 -Adam