Subject: A few questions about packages (PHP, Mysql)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Kranzel <adam@blacktabby.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/28/2002 07:46:02
Hi...

I apologize if these are silly or already-answered questions, I will
gladly read documentation if I'm pointed at it.
I also apologize if this is the wrong mailing list. From the archives,
it seemed mostly appropriate.

First question:
Are there any plans to update the pkgsrc/www/php4 package to a newer
version?  The newer versions support (mostly, anyway) Apache 2, as well
as having a huge number of bugfixes.  If this is done, it would also be
nice to allow building an Apache 2 module with pkgsrc/www/ap-php4.

Second question:
What is the proper way to start Mysql at system startup?  There's a
script supplied with Mysql, but it is designed (as far as I can tell)
for an SVR4 system, and I have no idea if it would work properly on
NetBSD.

thanks
 -Adam