Subject: Re: KDE2 and KDE3 on the same system
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/20/2002 11:18:24
Benedikt Meurer <> wrote:
> On Friday 20 September 2002 16:23, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > I guess it's not possible to have KDE2 and KDE3 on the same system?
> Its possible. E.g. simply install KDE2 to /usr/local/kde2 and adjust
> PATH settings of the KDE2 users. You may also want to have a look at
> the KDEDIR/KDEHOME enviromnemt variables.

Thanks - that helps.  But I was thinking more along the lines of
installing both from pkgsrc and both (meta-)pkgs coexisting.

I guess I'll have to try adjusting PREFIX for one or the other and then
setting the necessary variables as you suggested.

'Hrrm, this reminds me of the Microsoft statement "Windows XP is the most
reliable version of Windows ever", or as we say in assembly, "nop".' - ali