Subject: Re: KDE2 and KDE3 on the same system
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/20/2002 11:18:24
Benedikt Meurer <bmeurer@fwdn.de> wrote:
> On Friday 20 September 2002 16:23, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> > I guess it's not possible to have KDE2 and KDE3 on the same system?

> Its possible. E.g. simply install KDE2 to /usr/local/kde2 and adjust
> PATH settings of the KDE2 users. You may also want to have a look at
> the KDEDIR/KDEHOME enviromnemt variables.

Thanks - that helps.  But I was thinking more along the lines of
installing both from pkgsrc and both (meta-)pkgs coexisting.

I guess I'll have to try adjusting PREFIX for one or the other and then
setting the necessary variables as you suggested.

-Jan

--
'Hrrm, this reminds me of the Microsoft statement "Windows XP is the most
reliable version of Windows ever", or as we say in assembly, "nop".' - ali