Subject: KDE2 and KDE3 on the same system
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/20/2002 10:23:03
Hi all,

I guess it's not possible to have KDE2 and KDE3 on the same system?
Some of my users are complaining that KDE3 vehemently intercepts their
normal behaviour (shortcuts, highlighting, printing - all suddenly fire
up weird kde apps) and want KDE2 back -- others love KDE3.

Suppose one of them, say kde2, would be installed with a prefix of
'kde3' (${PREFIX}/kde3/bin/k{whatever} and
${PREFIX}/include/kde3/k{whatever}.h) etc.  I guess this would get too

Just wondering...

Except most of the good bits were about frogs, I remember that.
You would not believe some of the things about frogs.