Subject: Re: ghostscript
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/09/2002 10:04:57
On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 10:53:29PM -0700, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 03:30:44PM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> >
> > 	Is anyone working on getting a more recent version of the ghostscript
> > package done?  I found something about it mentioned in the mail archives
> > a few months ago, but nothing recent.  Where is this at now?
>
> I'm actively working on a ghostscript-gnu package for GNU Ghostscript 7.0.5.
> I'll try to finish it this weekend.
	cool, thanks.  Have you tried out the ps2pdf script?  I tried installing
7.0.5 (to hopefully get the NeverEmbed font option working), but it keeps
choppping off the top 1/2 inch or so of the page.  Are you getting a similar
problem?  (NeverEmbed also didn't work, but I wasn't able to get that to work
with earlier versions so it's probably something I'm doing wrong)

eric