Subject: Re: Failing to compile cross/powerpc-netbsd on mac68k
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2002 09:16:06
On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, R=E9mi Zara wrote:

> I want to cross compile from mac68k to macppc, so I tried to install
> the pkg cross/powerpc-netbsd on a MacIIci running NetBSD 1.6_RC2, but
> it fails with the attached message. This is a second run of make, but
> the first failed the same way.
>
> I hope someone can help me with this.

That package is obsolete. If you want to compile for 1.6-macppc, use
the new toolchain cross-compiler. (That might even be able to compile
netbsd-1-5 as well). For 1.6, use something like

=09cd /usr/src
=09./build.sh -m macppc -D a_destdir -R a_releasedir

to build the release tarballs and kernels. See "BUILDING" for details.

Frederick