Subject: dlopen and friends [was: Re: Help me packaging whiteBOX]
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@cactus.emsi.priv.at>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2002 11:51:08
On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 02:53:28 +0200
"Martin J. Laubach" <mjl@cactus.emsi.priv.at> wrote:

> |  err: /usr/pkg/share/whiteBOX/plugins/libwbbgset.so: Undefined PLT symbol "lookup_widget" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 189)
> |  could not open file ..
>
>   Those libxxx.so are probably missing some inter-library dependency
> recorded while building them. You need to find out where that symbol
> "lookup_widget" is defined (probably in some other whitebox library),
> and modify the build process so that it adds a -lthatotherlibrary
> to the ld stage of the plugins.

I've checked whiteBOX's sources. lookup_widget is provided in the whiteBOX
binary itself (support.c). This binary then loads plugins using dlopen().
My question is... do loaded shared modules have access to loader's functions?
I mean, if plugins are loaded by the whiteBOX binary, they should be able
to access lookup_widget, isn't it?

Thanks

--
HispaBSD admin - http://www.HispaBSD.org