Subject: Re: branching of pkgsrc, and ghostscript
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/06/2002 08:35:04
On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 11:24:25AM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:

>   The one in the 1.6 tree is gs7.00. Which, they seem to expire off
> of sites way too quickly. Specifically, I can't find the file:
>    http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~hideyuki/Ghostscript/gs7.00-jpdf-exp.patch.gz

That's odd.  The version in the netbsd-1-6 should be 6.01, as I haven't yet
updated the pkgsrc ghostscript to the 7.x release.  Are you using one of
the test packages provided in a PR or by another NetBSD user?  Packages
that are actually maintained within pkgsrc should have backup distfiles
on ftp.netbsd.org so that we almost always have a fallback for fetching
distfiles when the main site is down.

>   Also, we have the stupid sourceforge stuff... you ask for the file and
> you get a web page to ask for the mirror...

I don't think I've seen this problem recently, but you may want to check
on tech-pkg@netbsd.org to see if others have seen the same problem.  If so,
then this is definitely worthy of a PR.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>