Subject: Undefined symbol when running Mozilla.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: J. D. Fisher & <jdf@rse.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/05/2002 11:04:31
Hi,

I have been tring to run mozilla after compiling it under the pkgsrc's, and I
keep getting this error:

/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin: Undefined symbol
"__vt_23nsASingleFragmentString" (reloc type = 6, symnum = 76)

I am compiling on a PC with NetBSD 1.6 RC1 (I haven't got to RC3 yet), with the
pkgsrc's I downloaded Sep-4-2002 10:04am EST.  The version of mozilla it is
doing is mozilla-source-1.1.tar.gz.  So I seem to be pretty up to date.  The
compile, install, and packaging went well.  It is just when I type mozilla at
the prompt do I get that error.

So is someone else out there seeing the same thing?  Any help or advice would be
welcomed.

Thanks,

John

                                   \\|//