Subject: Re: RFC: generating menus from packages
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/03/2002 10:47:31
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Please share your advice and suggestions.

What I see you do here is try to come up with some cases that I'm not sure
will really fit the needs.

 * What I think would be nice would be some framework to add/remove
   snippets of text from various files.

   Example: hugelatex
   install teTeX, then hugelatex needs to add a few lines to a config
   file, and rebuild some files. So far, no problem. But if you install
   together with other TeX-pkgs (jadetex comes to mind), there's a problem
   with the order in which to add things. A framework that could identify
   the parts of a file belonging to a certain pkg and upon that add/remove the part would
   be nice.

 * Serious: you may want to have a look at the SuSEconf framework. I think
   they have what you want.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html