Subject: freebsd_lib and ldconfig
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/30/2002 13:14:11
Been battling trying to get FreeBSD Sophos to work. It worked fine on one
machine, but on the other got Floating exceptions. The machines were
running the same kernel and the same freebsd_lib package.

The ktrace showed that it died after trying to access
/emul/freebsd/var/run/ld.so.hints and /var/run/ld.so.hints. The latter is
built by ldconfig at boot time. The two machines had very different
/var/run/ld.so.hints as on the working machine, I had compat14-1.4.3
installed.

Typing rm /var/run/ld.so.hints got the FreeBSD binary to work and then
typing ldconfig (to rebuild the file) broke it again.

So I created a blank /emul/freebsd/var/run/ld.so.hints file to stop it
checking for the native one and it's now fine. Shall I send-pr this or is
there a better workaround?

(I see that other people have had this problem but a solution wasn't
proposed besides use the Linux binary instead...)

--
Stephen