Subject: Re: Program prefixes in pkgsrc
To: Julio Merino <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/27/2002 14:30:32

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 02:19:41PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
> This carries a problem: there will be two different packages (with the
> same name) generated from the same pkgsrc.

how is this a problem?  as well as any other package which has options
in or if you change your LOCALBASE or use pkgwedge.
the default behaviour would still remain the same.

> My solution would be to create a new package which provides symlinks
> (or wrappers) to the g* tools, leaving all other packages intact.

for every package or one for all packages?  unnecessary complication in
both ways, imo.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
--                  <>   e-mail in gratuitous HTML and  \ /=
--                                       Microsoft proprietary formats   X =
-- PGPkey:                                  / \=
-- Key Fingerprint: 75B2 2B96 CD75 0385 1C49  39B8 8B08 C30E 54BC 7263     =

Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (NetBSD)