Subject: Re: pkgsrc sickness
To: Frederick Bruckman <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/22/2002 10:43:52
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> So I give the faked package a different name. This is the result of
> rebuilding "xmms" recently:
> 	# pkg_info -e '*-SO-*'
> 	gal-SO-0.19nb1
> 	libogg-SO-
> 	libvorbis-SO-
> 	png-SO-1.2.1

IC. While I think it'd be nicer to allow having several pkgs of the same
name installed in that case, I understand your solution is OK too.
May I suggest to s/SO/updated/ though, to make it more obvious what

BTW, any chance to make that pkg_hack work with binary pkgs only? :)

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->