Subject: Re: pkgsrc sickness
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/22/2002 01:05:41
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> I see. What I've started doing, with the pkg_hack, is synthesizing a
> package containing the old shared libraries, and fixing up the
> dependencies and the by-file database. Thus, all the old stuff can be
> easily managed until all the dependents are rebuilt.

so pkg_hack strips down an installed pkg to just the shared lib?
How do you handle installation of a new version then, assuming the "old"
shared lib should remain on the system?

Right now our pkg handling system doesn't allow having two pkgs of the
same name installed (but which would IMHO make perfect sense in this
situation).

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html