Subject: Re: pkgsrc sickness
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/21/2002 12:09:55
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:24:59 +0300
Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> wrote:

> Argh.. ;)
>
> I wanted to install sane-frontends.  BIG mistake!  This required updating
> the pth library, which in turn deleted "small" things like mrproject, kde,
> ghostscript, gqmpeg etc etc etc and etc.

make update is silly...

What I do is use 'make replace'. Take your situation. You are installing
sane-frontends and in fails while updating pth. You go to the pth directory
and issue make replace. Then, go back to sane-frontends and try again.

make replace will work most of the times when the version changes are minor.
Although, if there is a big version change (major version), I guess applications
will stop working properly...

HTH

--
HispaBSD admin - http://www.HispaBSD.org