Subject: Re: About devel/subversion...
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/19/2002 23:15:44
On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 10:51:00PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
> So, doing this:
> 	subversion -> depend on subversion-client and subversion-server
> 	subversion-client
> 	subversion-server
> is NOT possible (easily).
> Probably, doing dome hacks in the configure script can solve the
> problem, but I'm not sure about if the server can work without the client.

If the server can't work without the client, make it depend on the
client.

There must be a configure- or Makefile.*-patching way to disable
building the client; even if there were none, you could just make a
do-install target in the package's Makefile to install only the server
files (which would waste the compilation time used for the client, but
still not overwrite the client files).

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at
Main Rule of Usenet:  Never argue with idiots.  They drag you down to