Subject: Re: About devel/subversion...
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/19/2002 22:51:00
On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:21:23 +0200 (MEST)
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Julio Merino wrote:
> > So my question is... before sending my changes, what should I do? Split the package
> > marking them as "conflict"? Incorporate the server into the package (which will make
> > it depend on apache)?
>
> Two seperate pkgs would be nice.

So I'll try to do it.

> Maybe hack the client's configure script to never find db4, even if
> installed.

Hmm... there is no problem to build the client alone (disable db4 and that's all). The
problem comes when trying to compile the server *alone*, as it will build the client too.
So, doing this:
	subversion -> depend on subversion-client and subversion-server
	subversion-client
	subversion-server
is NOT possible (easily). Probably, doing dome hacks in the configure script can solve the
problem, but I'm not sure about if the server can work without the client.

The other solution is to make a subversion-server package which provides both the server
and the client, and leave the current subversion package to only provide the client.
Although, using these names do not seems very appropiate :( Any idea? If not I'll go
and add a subversion-server (both server/client) and leave the current one as the client
only...

Regards

--
HispaBSD admin - http://www.HispaBSD.org