Subject: Re: Darwin - binutils Fails to Patch
To: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/17/2002 18:07:39
On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Randy Beaudreault wrote:

> I'm running into problems when I attempt to build
> cross/m68k-netbsdelf on my OS X box.  Binutils is not being patched
> and I assume that it's due to the differences between OS X and
> NetBSD.  These are the errors I encounter:
>
> ===> Applying Darwin patches for cross-binutils-2.9.1.2
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file ./ld/configure.tgt.rej
> Patch /usr/pkgsrc/cross/binutils/patches/patch-msixtyeightk failed
>
> ==> Applying Darwin patches for cross-binutils-2.9.1.2
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Skipping patch.
> 2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file ./bfd/elf64-alpha.c.rej
> Patch /usr/pkgsrc/cross/binutils/patches/patch-aa failed

That package is really old. The first actual m68k-netbsdelf release
will be NetBSD 1.6, and it's using binutils 2.11.2. If NetBSD 1.6 is
your target platform, it would make much more sense to check out the
netbsd-1-6 sources and use "build.sh" to build a cross compiler and
target includes and libraries.

Frederick