Subject: Openoffice vs. JAVA_HOME (Was: Re: Possible bug found with suse_*-7.3
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/17/2002 15:24:08
The openoffice package now explicitly requires sun-jdk13, so other
jdks installed shouldn't be problem.

HOWEVER, there is problem with JAVA_HOME (I forgot about this, and
remebered when I saw this e-mail)

In revision 1.21 of pkgsrc/misc/openoffice/Makefile, the pkg
was changed to use $JAVA_HOME for root of used jdk. This breaks
bigtime when people have JAVA_HOME set in their environment,
particularily if it points to different JDK. My change (in rev. 1.20)
used $_JAVA_HOME, which is internal bsd.pkg.mk variable
pointing to root of package's preferred JDK.

If you are having problems building openoffice, try unsetting
JAVA_HOME in your environment.

I think that correct thing to do is to either use $_JAVA_HOME
in misc/openoffice/Makefile, or change the

JAVA_HOME?=	${_JAVA_HOME)

in bsd.pkg.mk to

JAVA_HOME=	${_JAVA_HOME)

i.e. override the values passed from environment.

I'm not a pkgsrc person tho, so I don't know which one of these
is more correct. However, the current way (in rev 1.21 of openoffice
Makefile) is _broken_.

Jaromir

--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/